I know… I know. I said that I would start focusing on Hanna Wednesday, but as the information comes in, it looks like it’s time to start zeroing in on this storm too.Our Chief Meteorologist, Rob Fowler, just e-mailed us some of the latest information on Hurricane Hanna. I thought I would quickly pass it on to the Lowcountry readers.
This first forecast indicates that it could possibly be stronger than first expected. Rob says that it could make landfall as a Category 2 system near Savannah, Georgia. It looks like Hanna will come ashore at around 2:00 PM Friday afternoon. But things could start getting wet and windy as early as Thursday night.
If you are like me, you want hard data and numbers. Rob estimates winds of 98 mph and gusts up to 120 mph. Keep in mind this is all preliminary information at this point.
As we get more reports… I will pass them along.
Oh yeah… there is another storm, that will likely become Ike, forming out there. Buckle your rain coats. It could be a long hurricane season.
No comments:
Post a Comment