Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav: Bourbon Street Pictures

Here are a few new pictures from a soon-to-be deserted Bourbon Street. If you have ever been to New Orleans, you know that Bourbon is a 24/7 party. There are always people on it and most times it's packed. It's a sight to behold when it's empty.








The pictures are from a blogger that I know who was visiting New Orleans for a festival and was forced to evacuate with no car, flight or hotel. He found one of the last rental cars in the city and drove to Biloxi, Mississippi where he hopped a flight back home to Boston. My barber was in New Orleans this weekend too... I'm not sure if he was able to find a flight out just yet. He has my cell phone number and I'm sure he will call if he needs some suggestions.

No comments: