VP Watch 2008 enters day 8 million and I’m more than ready for something to happen. Obama can pick Kermit the Frog for all I care at this point. I just need him to announce something soon.All signs point to Obama sending out the announcement via text message to his supporters Saturday morning. I signed up for the text alert Wednesday, because I get paid to be nosy. The pundits and “experts” were convinced that the text would come Wednesday afternoon -- nada.
I check my phone every time a text comes in like I’m waiting for Ed McMahon to knock on my front door. 3 Days, 50 Twitter messages, 30 weather alerts and 20 personal messages – not a single blip from Barack. Mr. Obama let’s get this show on the road. You have a captive audience that you are letting slip away.
You just don’t make huge announcements like that on a Saturday, unless it’s someone the media will go after. It’s a proven fact that significantly fewer people watch the news during the weekends. You would think he would want this announcement on Nightly News on a Wednesday or Thursday. The timing is a little odd. Unless he wants the full attention of the battlefield of Florida who were in the grips of Fay – who knows?
CNN is locked into Joe Biden as the pick. ABC’s going so far as to report a Secret Service presence at Biden’s home. It’s a choice that makes the most sense, but why a weekend announcement? It makes me think that his number one choice turned him down earlier this week. That’s just mindless speculation of course. We’ll see in a few hours.
While we wait… let’s have some fun.
You can send a fake VP Announcement to your friends’ cell phones that looks authentic. This blog shows you how!
See you after the official announcement.
No comments:
Post a Comment