
I first met Sen. Obama’s second-in-command while he was in town for the Presidential Debate at The Citadel. He met with a group of reporters at Brittlebank Park in Downtown Charleston to give a big pat on the back to Force Protection and Protected Vehicles.
Honestly, I rushed through this appearance. I didn’t know much about Sen. Biden and I was in a hurry to try to get on the other side of town to get John Edwards playing with his sons in the fountain. Edwards, a former VP candidate and Carolina native, had more star power and that's what my viewers wanted at the time.
I don't rememeber much about the Biden visit. I do remember that he was serious and knowledgeable about what was needed to keep the troops safe. He seemed dedicated and studied. I know that’s not much, but that is exactly the shot in the arm that the Obama camp needs. He brings a foreign policies understanding that adds a good deal of credence to the ticket.
Honestly, I rushed through this appearance. I didn’t know much about Sen. Biden and I was in a hurry to try to get on the other side of town to get John Edwards playing with his sons in the fountain. Edwards, a former VP candidate and Carolina native, had more star power and that's what my viewers wanted at the time.
I don't rememeber much about the Biden visit. I do remember that he was serious and knowledgeable about what was needed to keep the troops safe. He seemed dedicated and studied. I know that’s not much, but that is exactly the shot in the arm that the Obama camp needs. He brings a foreign policies understanding that adds a good deal of credence to the ticket.
I just wish I would have spent more time with Sen. Biden and less time chasing the Edwards kids playing football in a fountain. Hindsight! :sigh:
Here is Sen. Biden in Charleston:
Top Photo from Charleston Regional Business Journal
1 comment:
Considering what has now been confirmed about how much Edwards respects family, it might be interesting to see the fountain video logged here as well...
Raymond
Post a Comment